iPad app for elementary school children to improve grammar and punctuation skills.
- Design a tool for manipulating the punctuation in a sentence.
- Interface should allows a student to manipulate a sentence by adding and removing punctuation.
- Tool will be used by a student anytime they have a bit of free time in class to get extra credit or brush up on their skills.
- Explore the use of Keynote for animation design.
- Gamify the activity of grammar practice for elementary school students.
- Provide an engaging user experience for students so that the activity is enjoyable as well as educational.
- Design is inspired by interfaces found in SciFi video games, SciFi movies and the dashboards of exotic sports cars like the Infinity LFA and the Lamborghini Reventon.
- The Grammar Workbench UI is rich with animations that respond to the user actions.
- Grammar Workbench testing is delivered at a variety of levels and sublevels. A, B, C, D, etc. and 1,2,3,4, etc.
- Students are scored within each session as well as across sessions. As the student gains proficiency their test level increases.
- Students can see their current score as well as how their current performance compares to previous test sessions.